Friday, July 17, 2009

I Finally Got a Google Voice Invitation

I finally got an invitation to use the beta of Google Voice. It's all set up now and I've added a control to the right hand panel on this blog that allows you to call me with it. Just click on the control, it will prompt you for your phone number. Google Voice will then place a call to you at the number you specified and at the same time will call me and then bridge the two calls together.

I've configured my Google Voice account with all of my possible phone numbers: work, home, mobile and client work site. When it's trying to send me a call, it tries all of them simultaneously and then drops all the lines that I don't answer on. If I'm simply not available, it will route the inbound call to my Google Voice voice mail box. Once you've left your message, it will send me an email and an SMS message (to my mobile phone) with the transcription of your message. It will be interesting to see how Google's voice mail transcription compares to Jott and SpinVox. I'll keep you posted on that.

If you'd like my Google Voice direct phone number for your address book, it's (425) 502-5613.

No comments: